Working with Insurance Companies
EPIC Solutions prefer not to work with Insurance Companies. The reasons for this are:
- Some Insurance Companies have capped fees which do not acknowledge the complexity of the Consultant led assessments and the multi-professional input that EPIC Solutions offer
- Some insurance companies will cover the initial consultant assessment but not the ongoing input that might be recommended from initial assessment
We hope you can understand that EPIC Solutions do not want to be compromised in being able to offer high quality very specialist clinical work.
EPIC Solutions do not wish to discriminate against insured clients so provided the following is agreed from the outset we are happy to provide EPIC Solutions assessment and input:
- Initial assessment fee must be paid for by the client according to the EPIC Solutions terms and conditions and the client is responsible for reclaiming from their insurance company OR confirmation that the initial assessment fee is covered by the insurance company is provided before an appointment is offered.
- Written agreement must be received from the insurance company to confirm they will cover the full cost of any further assessment or input recommended before this commences
- Any insurance excess that is the responsibility of the client will be invoiced in the usual way and payment expected according to EPIC Solutions terms and conditions
- If fees are capped by the insurance company any difference in cost will be the responsibility of the client and will be invoiced in the usual way and payment expected according to EPIC Solutions terms and conditions
- In the absence of written confirmation from the insurance company therapy sessions will be invoiced to the client and payment expected according to EPIC Solutions terms and conditions. Reclaiming from the insurance company will be the clients responsibility.
- In the absence of written confirmation from the insurance company where a complex assessment is recommended such as ADHD or ASC, an up front payment of 50% of the fee will be requested from the client, in the same way as is expected from a self pay client, and it is the clients responsibility to reclaim this from their insurance company
- Where there is any payment received from the insurance company that duplicates what has already been paid by the client this will be refunded to the client in full by EPIC Solutions within 7 days.